Friday, December 16, 2005

Personal Day Recap

I took today as a Personal Day from school. Not exactly the best day due to the ice/sleet storm that arrived in the area around 4:00 am and continued until 9:00 am.

But, I was able to start and finish my Christmas shopping all in one day! I arrived over at Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH around 8:30 am. I made a few stops at other stores in the Salem area and was finished by 1:00 pm! I was so proud of myself! The good thing about the icky weather was that there was no one out shopping. By noon, the weather switched to rain and more people ventured out to shop.

Had a minor issue with my bank this morning. There is a reason why I have direct deposit! I got paid today and knew that I would have enough money to do my holiday shopping. The online services and automated phone services were down (I tried speaking to a human but the lines were so long - no luck!) so I couldn't get any information on why the money wasn't in my account yet. When I went to the ATM, the available balance stated that I was in negative digits! I totally freaked! (Special thanks to Mom for listening to me rant and rave on the phone this morning :-) ) After five hours of not knowing what the heck was going on with my account, I finally was able to get some info through the automated services. I kept saying, "I'm not paying fees for overdraft because the bank messed up!" It ended up being all good and I tweaked for no reason at all. :-)

Did I say thanks to Mom?????? Thanks Mom!!!! Love Ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all your shopping done in one day?? WOW! you're lucky ditto what lauren said about the christmas shopping 101! LOL

as for the bank situation, i would have freaked out too. thank goodness all is well with that!