Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pearl Harbor

December 7, 1941. A day that will live in infamy.

Of course, the history teacher will remember this day. Such a vital date in our history. The beginning of the US entry into World War II.

I watched the movie Pearl Harbor last night. OK, the romantic in me loves the film! The historian in me doesn't like it due to the inaccuracies. The 45 minute bombing scene in the film is actually pretty decently done.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of loved ones who lost someone at Pearl Harbor. There are still a few veterans floating around from Pearl Harbor.

And, my thoughts and prayers go out to our men and women overseas - those that won't be able to get home for the holidays. My cousin Danny is in Kuwait as I write this blog.

Stay safe cousin! Love Ya - :-)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hi Ms M. It me, Alyssa, on of your favorite 2003 babies. I know exactly what your talking about. My brother is overseas right now. He is stationed at an AirForce base near Saudi Arabia (I can't say exactly where). He won't be coming home until March, so him missing Christmas is hitting hard on our family. But we will get through it. I hope you are doing well and so is your cousin overseas. We need to get together again, maybe Katie, Nicole and I can bring cheesecake again (mmmmm.....that was good). Have a Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

ditto on the thoughts & prayers to those overseas. hope they stay safe & enjoy the holidays as much as possible.

hope they all come home soon!