Saturday, December 03, 2005

Learning a new thing is good.


Last night, I took this scrapbooking class (http://www.ascrappersheaven.com/) at a local store. I can't go into too much detail about the actual class itself (Remember, it's a gift!), but I learned so much from it! Learning all of these techniques is such a good thing - I own so much stuff and I don't know how to use a ton of it. The instructor showed us how to do all of this cool stuff such as eyelets. For you veteran scrapbookers out there, you are probably thinking that this technique has been around forever. It has. However, I've never done it and I have all the materials for it. When I first bought the materials, I went online to see if I could get the directions on how to use eyelets. The web sites weren't helpful at all. I guess I needed someone to show me how to do it. That's my learning style anyway.

Scrapbooking is so much more crafty and creative today compared to back in the day when I used to do it as a young girl. I find the hobby very relaxing and fun. The best part: making beautiful gifts for loved ones!

FYI: After I give the gift to that special person, I will post photos of the finished product. :-)

No comments: