Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Started my Second Job Today


I know . . . a few of you are probably wondering how, why, and what the fudge! :-)

I've been looking for the past month for something part-time. I didn't want anything stressful or any job that I had to work late (I get up at 5:00 am folks!). I could use the extra money so I thought that a part-time job would be nice - added bonus -it would keep me out of trouble. So, about a week ago, I was walking around downtown Newburyport and saw a business that was looking for someone - flexible, permanent new hire. It's called Pawsitively Best Friends. It's a doggie (and kitty) boutique. I adore animals so I applied. I interviewed and the owner offered me the position a few days later.

Today was my first day. There is so much to know but since I adore animals, I thought this part-time gig would be fun. I think that I'm going to enjoy it. People can bring their pets into the store (and for all of those folks out there that really know me - I'm in heaven with the dogs!). They sell everything you can imagine for dogs and cats. I think it's going to be a fun place to work.

To my fellow pet lovers: I get a 20% discount folks so let me know your wish list of goodies for your pets - :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, does Ellie get jealous when she smells you after work?

Anonymous said...

thats awesome lori! extra money is always nice & at least you'll be enjoying yourself & meeting some great people with some great pets.

have fun & dont work too much .. you're already a little buzy bee : )

Anonymous said...

btw: i love all the little pictures you put on your blog! how do you do that!??! : )