Friday, November 11, 2005

Dinner in Portsmouth with a Good Friend



Last night, I met one of my friends for dinner in Portsmouth. I met Carla when I was teaching at Timberlane Regional High School. Carla and I used to team-teach a course called World Studies - an interdisciplinary course in English and History. I really miss teaching with her. Even though we both have gone our separate ways in our teaching, we still have maintained our friendship.

We ate at 43 Degrees North - a yummy restaurant located on Pleasant Street in Portsmouth. We started out with a salad and some bread. I had this wonderful beef dish - pan seared 9 oz. cherry bacon wrapped filet, Yukon gold potato terrine, creamy gorgonzola sauce, apple cider caramelized onions & brussel sprouts. Exquisite meal! Carla had a yummy fish dish that was the special. For dessert, I had Creme Boula and Carla had this unique Candy lollipop cheesecake thing. Great food -great conversation - great company! I would highly recommend this restaurant - a little pricey but definitely worth it!

It's always so great to catch up with Carla. She is teaching and going to graduate school at UNH so her schedule tends to be a little on the crazy side - I remember those days very well of having no quality YOU time while in grad school. Hang in there and all your dreams and goals will come true! :-)

Thank you Carla Lou for the wonderful evening out - :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you girls had a good time. carla seems like a great person & a great friend.

and you made my mouth water with the description of your dinner...and dessert! Mmmmmmm