Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Random Thoughts

OK, here are my random thoughts for today:

*Why does our military have to be in Iraq? I obviously know this answer but I don't agree with it. My cousin Danny is now stationed in Kuwait. The next move will be Baghdad. Our idiot of a President is trying to prove a point and it's costing our country the lives of thousands of men and women. Some members of our congress are trying to get our troops out - good! Some of our members of Congress are wanting our troops to remain - bad! Historically speaking, the war in Iraq is another Vietnam. There will be no winner! The sooner our government and the public realizes this, the sooner our men and women can come home.

*Kids say the darnest things! I adore my students!!! Whenever things get crazy or stressful, my students will say the cutest things to put a smile on my face. I guess this is one of the many reasons why I adore my job. :-)

*Congrats to my cousin Jenny - it's a boy! Congrats to her and her husband Matt.

*Practice random acts of kindness! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree - we should just leave. we've helped them as much as we could - its time they got back on their feet & tried to help themselves. On the news when you see the ones who appreciate us being there - it almost seems like a good thing we're there, but nothing is getting better. They are talking about some troops staying there for years. Bring these people home to their families. Its time.

Big Congrats to your cousin!!!

You are such an awesome teacher Lori. Thats why the kids love & appreciate you soo much!