Friday, February 24, 2006

Vacation - Day 5

Yesterday was semi-productive. Worked at the doggie place in the afternoon. Some of my students came into the store to "harass" me (In a good way).

Came home and ate some dinner. Balanced my checkbook which always takes me forever to do. I hate math! Watched Disc 2 of the Desperate Housewives DVD's.

I received some wonderful gifts from my friend Cheryl in IL. She sent me this adorable bear holding a sun that says, "Cheer Up!" He's so cute! And, I received a beautiful arrangement of flowers and some balloons. It was such a nice surprise and yes, it did cheer me up!

You all know that I've been in this funky mood late and she ordered these things to cheer me up! How blessed am I to have Cheryl as a friend and in my life? I'll post some pictures of my lovely gifts in my next blog post.

The plan of attack for today:
*Have to go to school this morning to prepare "possible sub plans." I may or may not have jury duty on Monday and I have to leave some sub plans just in case. I have to call a number today after 3:00 pm to see if I have jury duty. Either way, I have to call the secretary that calls in the subs, to let her know if I need someone on Monday.
*I'm working from 1:00-5:00 pm today at the doggie place.
*I'm meeting my friend Annette in Epping, NH at 6:00 pm and we are then driving up to UNH to see her son Darryl in a play. Annette and I have been friends since my Timberlane days. Her son was in the class that I advised so I'm looking forward to seeing him and his Mom.

Pretty busy Friday overall!

PS Got my federal tax refund (gotta love that automatic deposit option!). :-)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hey Ms. M. I wish I had known you were coming up to see Darryl in the play. Katie and I could have gone to see you. Oh, well. But if you ever come up to UNH again, let me know, maybe we can get together!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend....see you when I get back :)