Thursday, February 16, 2006

Better Mood????

I'm in a so so mood today. Kids are annoying me. Adults are annoying me. Life is annoying me.

Good news . . . . I'm on Feb break in two more days.

Kids are really hyper and crazy right now and the week is going by rather slow.

I have Book Club tonight. I'm hosting this evening at my place. It's the first time everyone will see the condo. We will probably order takeout (Chinese, perhaps?) and then discuss the book. I choose Teacher Man by Frank McCourt (he wrote Angela's Ashes). I really enjoyed the book. McCourt talks about his 30 plus years experience as a New York City high school English teacher. He has some amazing stories to share with the reader. I think most people in Book Club enjoyed the book. Since most of us are teachers, I'm sure we all related to the book in some way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Feb break is just what the doctor ordered for you :) Have a blast tonight!

Thanks again, for taking the time to look at my paper on your break...you are the best!

Anonymous said...

yes! a break - i agree with lauren & think its the perfect timing for ya. especially since everyone is bugging ya..time to step back & have some lori time. think you might just need a nice soak in the tub young lady.

have fun tonight :)

Anonymous said...

I agree...you need a break. You were working so hard that you got sick and you need to give yourself some serious Lori time! Soak in the tub...snuggle with Ellie...do not look at your bills...do not clean...total r&r is just what you need! :)
Hope that you feel better about things real soon! Don't forget if there is anything I can do, you better holler!

Robyn J said...

Hey...it's Friday!!! And if my clock is correct you are at least 2 hours into winter break! Enjoy!!!