Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday Tidbits

I spent my Monday evening with Janet and Lauren. We hung out, ate pizza, and had a great vent session about life. Isn't great to have such great gal pals in your life? Had a wonderful time ladies - the Pumpkin Pie was amazing!!!!

As I drove home last night, I decided to call my sister. She's in San Francisco for the week on business. We had a nice chat. She's a little disappointed in San Francisco though. She said the homeless and crack dealers are just overwhelming there. We were in San Fran in the summer of 1988 and I don't remember it being like that. Mandy really doesn't feel very safe there. It's too bad because San Fran is a wonderful city with some great history and culture. Mandy even made the comment she thought the homeless population was worse in San Fran compared to Seattle. She told me she's been ordering room service because she doesn't feel safe enough to venture out into the city. Being that Mandy lives near Chicago, she doesn't feel that way at home. My parents are all stressed out because they think that something bad can happen to her (mostly Dad is stressed out).

This morning, I drove Carla to the dentist to start the first round of surgical work on her teeth and gums. I have to pick her up this afternoon. She'll be staying with me until tomorrow because she can't be by herself for 24 hours.

So, I'm hanging out here doing school work and laundry. Oh, and blogging! :-)

Enjoy your Tuesday! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

had a wonderful time with you gals too! nothing better than great friends & great food. the salad was yummy & a great idea thanks! :)

your poor sister. how unfortunate that the city is so bad she's afraid to leave her room. what a sin. hopefully the week will go by quickly for her.

and poor carla.. hopefully she'll get thru all this dental sugery without too much discomfort!

keep us posted on these two.

love ya lori loo! it was so wonderful to hang out with you guys last night :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you to my awesome gals for a great night! I'm sorry I couldn't thank you girls personally...it's been real crazy at work.

Good luck to Carla...i hope she not in too much pain..enjoy your night :)