Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Goals for the upcoming school year

I am a very goal orientated kind of person. As a teacher, I need to plan everything I do in my classroom. The federal and state governments tell me that I need to teach the curriculum from this point in history to the next point in history. So in a sense, my goals in teaching my curriculum are already set for me by the higher powers (government). But, there are goals that I can work on as a teacher and as a person.

I always have professional goals:
*Work on pacing in my curriculum.
*Attend a few workshops or seminars.
*Work on my organizational skills.
*Keep up with my correcting (This one is hard to do!)

This year, I want to focus on some personal goals:
*I don't want my job to control my life. For seven years, my life has revolved around my job. This is not a healthy thing and after what happened last school year, I need to focus on getting a life outside of school.
*I need to get out there more. What exactly does this mean? It means that M-Dawg needs to start meeting men! Dating! I haven't been on a date in almost seven years!
*To not take life so seriously. Laugh about the ups and downs of life.
*Get involved in something outside of education. I don't know what that is yet but I would like to maybe volunteer at a shelter or something like that.
*Build up my savings. Emergencies happen.

I know. This seems like a lot of goals. I feel that by working on these goals, M-Dawg will become a better human being and teacher.

Do you have goals? What are those goals and do they change as you grow as a person?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great goals loo - especially the personal ones. that is a big list to start off with, but you go girl! all of those goals will only be helpful to you. loving the school and the kids is great, but you definitly need things outside of all that.

hope you're staying cool today.. another icky scorcher!

Anonymous said...

These goals are one of the reasons why I admire :) although, I don't think you have to work on your organizational skills...I think you have that under control ;).

My goal...is to save money too...I need help!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you have a written set of goals to work towards. I should do that as well! Maybe the man for you is waiting at your new school! I hope that you get everything you are working for cuz you are a very special person & you deserve to be happy!

Anonymous said...

making a list is the best way to start... i have lists of goals, things to do, places I would like to see, etc, etc...

you will reach all yours, just don't be tough on yourself in the process.

we're in your cheering section... go get um!