Friday, August 25, 2006

It's Friday!

I survived my lovely day in Boston yesterday. The weather turned out rather nice. I was afraid it might rain but the day was perfect! Not too hot! I walked the entire Freedom Trail (2.5 miles). If you are not familiar with Boston, the city is hilly. And, because of the Big Dig, the trail has been moved a few times. It was a very long day. I took a ton of pictures that I will post at some point. My friend Sarah went with me - I used to work with her at Newburyport HS. One of her friends invited us to a film viewing in Somerville for the evening. The viewing was in this cute little park in Somerville. Sarah's friends brought picnic fixings and drinks and blankets and we hung out and watched short films. All the films were done by women in New England. Some were rather scary but a few of them were funny and good.

Sarah's boyfriend drove us home afterwards since it was so late - I didn't get home until 11:30. That's late for me!

Today, I work at Paws 1-5. When I worked on Wednesday, there were so many boxes of stuff that it was overwhelming! There is no room in that store and we have to put all the new stuff out so it makes it a bit challenging. Plus, we are already getting Christmas stuff in! Can you believe it? Christmas stockings for cats and dogs, stuffed Santa toys that play music, Christmas costumes for dogs with reindeer hats, etc. I hope that the boxes are done but I have a sneaky suspicion that are still there - waiting for me to finish them up.

I meet with Annette tonight. We are driving up to Meredith, NH to see a play that her son is doing. Her son, Darryl, was one of my kids in the Class of 2003 that I advised at Timberlane HS. Darryl is going to school for tech in theatre. I haven't seen him since the winter when he performed in a play at UNH (Into the Woods). It will be good to catch up with Annette - we don't see each other that often due to our crazy schedules.

Enjoy your Friday all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday M-dawg! I'm glad you had a great time. I can't wait to to see the pics!

Reindeer hats for dogs?? Say no more...I'll be right over ;)