Tuesday, August 29, 2006

1st Day of Teacher Orientation

OK, this cartoon could possibly be me. Minus the playground duty. High School teachers don't have to worry about playground duty. :-)
Today, I have new teacher orientation at my new school.
Wish me luck!
UPDATE:
1st day went well. Met teachers from all over the community. I met one of the social studies teacher from my department. There was another one hired but we couldn't figure out who that person was at the orientation. There were over 50 new teachers in the city. The gift bags were nice - it's a HUGE book bag (like the canvas LL Bean type) that was filled with supplies for school, some munchie food, new teacher info, professional development binder, and a book on how to survive your first year.
The trolley tour was fun. It was rainy and cold but the tour was nice. I saw parts of the community that I didn't even knew existed and they showed us all the schools in the city. I need to go back to the Peabody Essex Museum (PEM). They showed us a quick tour of the museum to encourage us to come back with our classes.
Tomorrow, I'm at the high school. We are in meetings most of the day. I'm hoping to be able to set up my classroom in the afternoon. I guess the building is still declared a hard hat area until Thursday so we have to wear hard hats while in the building.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is great! I passed it along to a couple of my friends who are also teachers...hope you don't mind...

Anonymous said...

great cartoon! LOL

hope your day goes great! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Cartoon!

I'm glad today went well for you...it was cold and rainy but it sounds like you made the best out of it.