Friday, August 18, 2006

It's almost time to go back to school . . . . .

It's so hard to believe that in 11 days, I'll be back in school again. My last day of school was June 26th. It was so nice having the month of July off. Usually by August, I'm very ready to go back to school.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been working on my new curriculum for my honors US History class. It's been a little more challenging than I originally thought. I haven't taught an honors class in four years so I really need to be on my toes!

I am planning on going into Boston next week and walk the Freedom Trail. I want to take pictures and take tours so that I can incorporate the material into my lessons. I'm hoping for a nice weather day next week. I lucked out with my road trip to Concord and Lexington. I've done the Freedom Trail a few times in the past but never took pictures.

I've also been doing some cleaning around the condo. Personal stuff and school stuff. This is my 8th year in teaching and it's amazing how much material you accumulate after a short amount of time in education.

Today, I work at Paws 1-5. Short day. Not that I want to jinx myself but I think the tourists are slowly going away. A sure sign to the end of summer. We had two customers that came into the store yesterday from Texas. They both commented on how much cooler it is here in New England compared to Texas (one was from the Austin area and the other was from Dallas). I told them they should've been here a few weeks ago! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so organized! Great trait to have :)

At least it will be a short work day at Paws. Have fun and hopefully the tourist will stay away :)