Tuesday, August 21, 2007

M-Dawg is one busy gal!

I've been a busy lady lately. Not that I'm knocking being busy. Busy is good. Between working at my second job and doing school work, I haven't had a lot of down time.

*I've been working on curriculum for a new course that is being offered in my department called Current World Affairs. I'm working on it with another colleague of mine and thank goodness she's on top of everything and keeps us focused and on task. We've been meeting once a week for at least five to six hours at a time plus the time we put into the curriculum on our own at home. I guess I should point out that we are only getting paid for 10 hours. Oh well. We want this done right and good and are willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.

*I'm also teaching a new course called Salem in History (a local history course). So, I'm trying to brush up on my readings for the class. I really want to do some field trips with my students. Today, I met with one of my colleagues that is also teaching a section of the course at the PEM for the afternoon. We are trying to coordinate field trips with her kids and my kids.

*I need to do a lesson plan on my trip to Russia. I haven't even started it yet. I'm doing something on Czar Nicholas II and his family but I haven't figured out WHAT exactly I'm going it on.

*I'm on officer for my local Delta Kappa Gamma chapter so we've been working on some community service projects and planning meetings for the year.

*And, of course, I'm still working at my second job. My last day will be August 31st. I looked at the schedule and on a few of the days that I'm scheduled to work, there is no one else scheduled to come in! For example, this Saturday, I'm on the schedule 9-3. Well, the store closes at 10:00 pm! I'm NOT working all those hours! Especially on a busy Saturday when the store is really busy! And, I already have plans for the evening. I wasn't originally scheduled on Saturday but to help out, I said that I would work the shift. That's what I get for being too nice. The stress level at the store is still high with all the employees. I hope it gets better for them. They are a really nice group of ladies and I wish them the best. The owner is still dealing with her personal stuff and is not in the store a lot which is causing all sorts of problems. When you own your own business, you need to put your personal stuff aside and RUN your business. That is not happening and it's making everyone on edge right now. I do feel badly for what she is going through HOWEVER, it's no reason to take out your emotions on your employees. Especially when we try our best every single day.

So, that is the life of a busy M-Dawg! Wheh! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW... its a wonder you ever get any sleep... Thank goodness your part time job is finally ENDING... I don't know how you do all that and don't go nuts! You deserve a medal!

Anonymous said...

Just think...less than two weeks until you finally put an end to that miserable job!

Anonymous said...

whew! im pooped reading your entry today zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

make sure you rest up before the school year starts missy :)
good to hear that you're busy. btw how did you get involved in the delta kappa gamma? im looking for something to keep busy with but not sure what & how.. im tired of sitting at home doing nothing pretty much every day. ants will be joinging football this year in high school so ive already told him if they need volunteers for anything to let me know.

happy thursday! love you lots :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! YOU ARE A REALLY BUSY GAL! I HOPE THAT YOU GET DOWN TIME TO RECOVER FROM ALL THAT RUNNING! MAKE SURE YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! AND DON'T LET THAT 2ND JOB TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU DURING YOUR LAST 2 WEEKS!