Saturday, August 11, 2007

A day off! OR, is it a day off???????

I have the day off from my second job today.

I have lots of stuff to do today. I'm trying to be somewhat productive around the house since I go back to school in a few weeks.

You know those things that never get done but NEED to get done but you NEVER have the time to complete those tasks???? Like organizing and purging the filing cabinet or cleaning closets? I also need to move a lot of boxes and stuff up to my storage unit in the attic. Add to my house list - my school list of stuff that needs to get done before school starts. Like writing curriculum for the new course or research material for a new class I'm teaching this year (Salem in History) or revamping my first unit in World Studies. Plus, I need to write up a lesson plan to submit to the University of IL about my trip by Sept. 1st.

I know that I should probably be relaxing and enjoying my day off. No luck in that happening! My head keeps racing of everything that needs to get done. During the school year, a lot of stuff doesn't get done since I'm so busy working all the time. I'm hoping that once school starts and I get my weekends back, I'll be able to be more productive at home. The best part: not having to set your alarm on the weekend to get up and go to work.

Oh, I did sleep until 10:00 AM today so I guess I did get some relaxing time today. :-)

What do you do on your day off or weekends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day off? What's that? I've always got something going on for my weekends off. If we are running around, then I'm trying to scrub my house (which with 2 boys and a husband - I can never keep up!) That's one thing that other countries have figured out - relaxation - that's the key to being healthy & happy!