Saturday, August 18, 2007

I finally gave two weeks notice at my second job!

I did it! Finally!

Part of me wanted to give my notice in person. Part of me wanted to do it on the phone.

I went into work yesterday and the owner of the store was there. She didn't even say hi to me when I came in (there were two other employees in the store and they both said hi to me). I think the owner had some idea that I was going to give my notice. Maybe she found this blog. Oh well. I don't know and I don't care anymore.

The owner was in another one of her "moods" and she didn't stay very long anyway for me to chat with her. I had already had it in my head that I was going to give notice on Friday come hell or high water.

I chickened out and told her on the phone that evening when I had to call to give her the totals of the day. She didn't ask why. She didn't really say anything. She didn't beg me to stay like she did the others so apparently I'm not a good worker to keep around. I told her that I'm dealing with some personal issues and I need to take care of myself. I explained to her that it's not fair to the customers, the employees, her, or myself to stay when I'm not happy. I know it wasn't professional to give notice over the phone but to be honest, I really didn't want to deal with anymore drama that there already was in that store. All the employees are unhappy. I'm sorta sick of being unhappy at a second job that I really don't need anymore. I will miss the frequent puppies that come into that store. :-(

Friday, August 31st is my last day. That Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, there is a festival in Newburyport. Sucks to be them!!!!!!!!

However, this will be the first Labor Day weekend in over two years that I won't have to work! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all my buds for the words of support - love ya's!!!!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Doing the happy dance right now! I'm glad you won't have to work for her anymore :) And that attitude she has giving you before you gave your notice...well the hell with her then. Any free time you spent, you spent there and working for that woman. She should be grateful for all that you have done! You have been sick numerous time because of that second job...so shame of her for even giving you the attitude.

Let's celebrate! What are you doing on Labor Day?

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU! :)

You dont need an attitude from anyone either. who does she think she is trating our MDawg so rudely?!?! Gggrrrrrrrrr

You definity need some time to yourself to do your day job & do some thing that are going to be good for you & make you happy ! :)

CHEERS!

Robyn J said...

What a relief! It is a shame that employers/managers are as petty and silly as your boss is. You will definitely enjoy your freedom.

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Good...I'm glad that you finally got that over with! Life is too short to work so hard and not even be appreciated for it! Hope that you get to take good care of yourself this school year!