Friday, August 10, 2007

I have to do something that I really don't like or want to do!

I'm sorta of stressed out right now.

I've made the decision to give notice at my second job. There are a lot of reasons why I want to give my notice. Part of it, I don't really need the money. I'm sick and tired of always working all the time and feeling tired and exhausted and not having much of a life. There is also drama that is always happening at the store and I'm getting sick of it.

I also would like to focus on my teaching this school year. I've been in a negative place the past year and I feel that this school year will make or break me as an educator. I would like to be able to say that I gave it my heart and soul and if it's meant to work out, that's great. If not, than life moves on and I will need to find another job outside of education.

The owner of the store is going through some personal stuff right now. I sorta feel bad for her and I don't want to add to her stress but for once, I need to take care of myself. I also found out that another girl just gave her notice too. I want commit to the store until the end of August and finish out the summer. Once school starts, my hours go back to weekends anyway.

The owner hasn't been in the store so it's been hard for me to tell her that I will no longer be working after this month. I don't want to tell her over the phone but I just may have to do that.

So, this is why I'm stressed. I hate confrontations - and I can guarantee that this will be a confrontation with the owner. I would like to leave on a positive note but we shall see what will happen . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for making this decision. You are taking care of yourself and that's so important.

I hope you can give your notice soon, but I understand about confrontation. If she doesn't come in soon, then you have no choice but to call her if needed.

I support ya M-Dawg and I know you will be much happier!

Anonymous said...

DITTO on being proud of you - me too! You are always thinking of others, so nows the time you need to focus on yourself & do this for YOU.

if it has to be done over the phone, so be it & you can just explain that it wasnt your first choice to do it this way, but you cant go on any longer.

You need a break - working 2 jobs can be very tough after awhile and you deserve to take time for yourself & like you said - focus on your teaching.

hope it all works out for you. keep us posted on how resigning goes.