Saturday, January 28, 2006

Updates

*Sadie the Cat is doing OK (according to last email from Cheryl). The vet kept her overnight for observation. Once they opened her up, they found more cancer and it was in her lymph nodes. Please continue your thoughts and prayers for Sadie. Pets are part of the family - I know Ellie the Cat is my family.

*FINALLY! I completed correcting all those Midterm Exams and got all my grades done by the Friday, Noon deadline at school. It wasn't an easy task to complete being sick and all! The new semester started on Monday on top of all the correcting so I had to get organized for that - there should be a law that we get the week off to correct those beast of an exams. And, I might add that the kids didn't do that hot on them. I swear that teachers spend more time designing and correcting the exam than the kids spend studying for the damn test!

*Still have this crazy cold that won't go away! I just don't get it. I've been taking all sorts of meds for it. It's a battle of the cold vs. M-Dawg. Who will win???????

*Tea is my new best friend!

*Kids say (or write) the dardnest things! A few weeks ago, my students had to write a movie review paper on the film, "Elizabeth." The funniest sentence was this one - "Queen Mary had the Protestants burned at the STEAK for their religion." The red meat???????? Those poor Protestants! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once had a cold for 6 wks! I hope that doesn't happen to you...keep taking the meds :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and of course we will continue to keep Sadie in our thoughts. Those furry friends are our life!

I'm glad the correcting is over with...no you can breathe again...sorta speak ;)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the correcting is done! mdawg is queen! hope that nasy cold leaves ya soon! take care of yourself & make sure you are getting plenty of rest there -kay?

hope sadie will be ok. thats too bad they found more of the cancer - but hopefully they got it removed so she can recover. the poor kitty.