Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Say a Prayer for Sadie the Cat

I posted this picture before on my blog.
This is my friend Cheryl's cat, Sadie. I just received an email from Cheryl that Sadie has breast cancer and it going to the vet for surgery on Thursday morning. The vet seemed pretty positive about the outcome but if all of you out there in the blogging world could say a prayer and think happy thoughts for Sadie, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, as an FYI: Check out your cat and dog for breast cancer. Like a human, if you feel a lump that is not normally there, get it checked out by your vet. Early detection is the key to a higher success rate of survival (just like Humans).
Here is my plug for Humans - do a monthly breast exam. Early detection is what saved my Mom's life (and Cheryl's Gram too!).
So, ladies, get out there and feel yourself up! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lori! You are a great friend! I'll keep ya posted!

Anonymous said...

Good reminder... I don't think people realize how fragile their pet "family members" are... My brother's yellow lab, Igor, had to be put down last summer because of cancer... it wasn't in a place that we could have found, but I definitely urge everyone to check the parts they can. Our prayers are definitely with Sadie and her family.

Anonymous said...

I would've never thought that animals get breast cancer! Thanks for the Tip and my thoughts and prayers are with Sadie

Anonymous said...

We forget how much alike animals & humans can be. Great reminders for both.

My thoughts & prayers are with Sadie to have a speedy rovery.