Saturday, January 21, 2006

Softball Season Already?????

I almost fell over the other day at school.

The athletic director emails me my softball schedule - Get this, the first game is April 12th! The season officially starts on March 20th! Can it be? It seems so early!

Oh, and for the record - there will still be snow on the ground until April vacation so all those games scheduled before that - won't be happening! How do I know this? I've been doing the softball thing for a few years now. New England weather tends to not cooperate with a softball schedule. In fact, we start our practices in the gym! Yes, the gym! And, to add more fun to this, because I'm the freshman coach, I get the worst practice schedule. Usually about two weeks into the season, I'm forcing the girls outside for practices because I'm so sick of being in the gym for 8:00 - 9:00 pm practices! Ughy!!!

I hope I get a good groups of kids on my team this year. The past two years, I've been very lucky! The girls have been great! Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, etc.

In fact, it's because of my softball players that I have the nickname - M-Dawg!

Oh, another bit of news. Fantasy baseball starts up soon! A bunch of the faculty at my school started up a Fantasy Baseball league on Yahoo. It's so much fun! Last year, I came in 7th.

"Take me out to the ball game . . . . . . " :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's almost that time of year but the weather we had today makes me believe it!

have fun :)

Anonymous said...

jeepers... thinking of spring & all that seems too early, especially since we're getting all this snow & its freezing out! bbbrrr

you will definitly have your hands full soon.. well they're always full - but now you're really going to be busy! hope you luck out again with a great bunch.

thats great about the fantasy football league. i've been wanting to do that myself - but no one to do it with! have fun!