Thursday, January 19, 2006

The end of Exam week is almost here . . .

Now, the fun starts!

I'm still correcting movie review papers. I haven't even gotten to the Midterm exams yet.

The last day of exams is Friday. Can I make it? Can my students make it?

Taking the exams is so mentally draining for my students. It's a good thing, don't get me wrong. They should be tested on the material from the past semester. But my poor freshman are wiped! Most students are finishing up my exam in the two hour span. Some actually have to stay at least an hour after that to finish it.

My goal this year was to raise the bar. Bring my standards up. I need to challenge my students more. I don't feel like I've been doing that the past few years. I'm not helping my students if I don't challenge them - make them work hard!

My head hurts from all the correcting I've been doing the past week. Let's hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Grades are due next Friday @ Noon. Can M-Dawg do it?????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M-Dawg Rocks and SHE CAN DO IT. Kids should be challenged. Sad to say but I wasn't challanged enough when I was in High School. Although i was grateful then but looking back now, I wish I was.

I hope you have a great weekend M-Dawg!

Anonymous said...

as rob schneider says in almost every adam sandlar movie ~
"YOU CAN DO IT"
so remember that chickie. you are the best.. as lauren says "mdawd rocks!" so play "we will rock you" in your head for the day & remember you can conquer it all!

stay sane lori loo! have a great friday & a great weekend.