Monday, January 16, 2006

It's been forever since I've blogged, I know. What can I say? Life gets in the way!

I have midterm exams this week. Should be interesting! My exam is 24 pages long! Yes, you read it correctly! 24 pages! I have to keep my freshman busy for the entire two hour testing period. The kids are already freaking out over the test - I gave them a study guide to study but I think they will freak out no matter what I do. It's the first time they've ever had an exam of this magnitude. It's good for them!

I also assigned a movie review paper on Elizabeth that was due the end of last week so I have those papers to grade. I've been working on the papers most of the weekend. My semester grades are done with the exception of the movie review papers so all I have to do is plug those numbers into my grading program. I'm using a new grading software package this school year. My school finally decided to invest in GradeKeeper. I like it so far. It's pretty easy to figure out. And, if a kid wants to know their grade right that second, all I have to do is print out a report on their grades.

So, if I'm not blogging or emailing a lot this week, please know that it's because I'm in midterm exam hell and not ignoring you!

Happy testing! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geez and here we thought the kids have all the pressure..the teachers have quite the stress as well.

Hang in there Lori...one day closer to the end of the week!

Anonymous said...

jeepers you are busy arent you?? hang tough lori loo - you'll get thru it.

thats great about the grade keeper. must help you out tremendously.

we were missing you big time on your blog - but we know you're a busy bee. so we'll just keep checking on ya from time to time to see if you're still here ;) we love looo. no apologies needed.

hope the testing goes well & the kids dont freak too much.