Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Raving Evaluation!

I received my formal observation report today from my Department Chair, Peter. It was fantastic! I was so happy to read it. At some point, he and I will sit down and go over it.

I was shocked on how good the review was - it makes me feel really good to know how I'm appreciated in a job that I absolutely adore!

This was the first hurdle of my third year. The second and final hurdle will be my formal evaluation from my Principal. The third year is an important year - you get what's called professional status. MA did away with tenure for their educators back in 1994. I've worked so hard to get to this point. I really enjoy teaching at Newburyport High School. I love the kids! I love the folks I work with. The community is great too! I hope to get professional status by the end of this school year.

So, at some point this next semester, I will be formally evaluated by the Principal. I'll keep ya all posted on that one! I'll be totally stressed out!

As a side note, we started Midterm exams today. The building is so different during exam week. Very quiet! The craziness begins - correcting hell! Why did I have to design a 25 page exam? Duh, I have to correct the beast of an exam - not my most brilliant move! But, we were told the test had to last the kids at least two hours! My exam will take at least that.

Oh, if ya see any 9th grader pulling out their hair and freaking out - that would be one of my students!

Happy Testing!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIOS!!!! this was something to definitly cheer you up! and those of us that know & love you, knew you would do a great job & they would have nothing but fantastic things to say about you.

you rock MDAWG!