Sunday, July 23, 2006

Working Girl!

OK, the title of this post has the potential to be X-rated. It's not - I promise!

I had a very busy weekend at my part-time job. I was scheduled to work on Friday and Saturday. The owner called me in early on Friday - she had an appointment so she had to leave early and asked me to cover part of her shift. Weekends tend to be extremely busy in downtown Newburyport. And, the rude tourists are out of control. One of the gals that I alternate with on Sundays called in sick so I had to open the store and work until 3:00.

So, I was a busy working gal! And, my patience dealing with rude tourists has officially reached capacity!

A special sorry goes out to my friend Annette. I was supposed to meet her for lunch at Sunday and had to cancel at the last minute. Sorry A -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes... there are always times when it seems like work takes over... at least you aren't their full time emp... otherwise you would have had a week before and after full of days...

I'm sure your friend understands... its not like you cancelled to stay home and take a nap or something... which I would love right about now... but too much work to do!

Anonymous said...

Yikes... there are always times when it seems like work takes over... and about the rude customers... that is why you went to school so you could work a non-service job... but then again which is worse, rude kids or rude customers? Luckily it sounds like you've had some good students...

I'm sure your friend understands... its not like you cancelled to stay home and take a nap or something... which I would love right about now... but too much work to do!

littlejj said...

its tough dealing with the public.. tourists to boot. just keep thinking of your paycheck... sometimes that helps to walk around with $$ signs in your eyes..especially if you had to work a couple of extra hrs :)

Anonymous said...

Dealing with the public sucks sometimes/most of the time. Hang in there..tourist season will be over before you know it!