Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Where will M-Dawg be teaching at in the fall?

Drum role please??????

Salem High School in Salem, MA. Home of the Witches!

This journey has been an up and down battle on so many levels for me. Thank you to all my family and friends who stuck by me and supported me during this crazy time. I know it wasn't easy to be near me or to listen to me cry, rant and rave, or just vent. I do appreciate everyone just being there for me.

Teaching at Salem will allow me to stay in Amesbury. At least for now.

I will be teaching (4) World Studies (Middle Ages to the Present in World History) and (1) US History (Early Colonial to Reconstruction). I'll have one honors class in World Studies and US History. It's been a long time since I've taught an honors class. The rest of the courses are college prep. Teaching World Studies, I'll be working on a freshman team. The team consists of a Math, English, and Science teacher. We will have common planning time to work on interdisciplinary units. The team approach also allows for joint parents meetings when necessary.

I pick up my teaching materials on Monday -

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hey Ms. M. I am SOOOOO HAPPY to hear that you found another teaching position. I am also happy to hear that it is still close enough to come visit you sometime. I hope you have a great time in Salem. Don't let the superstition overcome you!

Anonymous said...

You can vent, cry and scream all you want to us. That's why we are here and we love you!

I Am so HAPPY FOR YOU :) and so glad you don't have to hike too far. Who knows, you might just love Salem enough to move there too (and closer to me!).

Time to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEEEE!!! I've been dying to find out!! Applause & whistles to you! You must be so excited :)

and dont worry about venting & all that stuff - thats what friends are for kiddo. you'd do the same for us.

so very happy for you loo. congratulations! when are we going out to celebrate!?!? cheesecake anyone?hahahaa

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you'd find something soon. I hope that you are happy there! Sounds like it will be a very interesting job.
What are you going to do to celebrate?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Here's to a new chapter in your life...

So glad to hear that you don't have to move... that is something that you wouldn't want to rush... now, if you decide to it will be on your time...

Take care & enjoy the rest of summer... I imagine you will be working full force on the papers you get to pick up next week...

Lea said...

I'm am so happy to hear the good news. I hope you enjoy teaching in Salem. I'm glad you can still live in Amesbury.I wish you all the luck.