Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Summary

Well, so far I'm surviving this heat wave. It's tough to move, talk, and even breathe in this crazy humid weather. We still have a few more days of the hot and humid stuff before it finally cools down.

Friday: I worked at Pawsitively Best Friends during the day. Pam, the owner of the store, is working on the new web site. It's still under construction but eventually she will have products that you can purchase online and newsletters and other cool stuff. The store was pretty busy - mostly demanding and rude tourists. I decided to stay at home for the night and watch DVD's. I went to my public library and checked out a few movies. I felt like relaxing for the night.

Saturday: I hung out with my friend and former roommate Chris for the day. We decided to go to the beach. We ate lobsters for an early dinner. Yummy! Afterwards, we drove up to Portsmouth, NH. We walked around the downtown area - it's so beautiful. We ended up at Prescott Park. This place is so gorgeous. It's an outdoor theatre right on the water. They have beautiful gardens with quaint little pathways around the area. The musical that is being performed is Oliver! We didn't stay for the musical - they had these barber shop groups perform called the Yankee Clipper Chorus (male) & Sounds of the Seacoast (female). We stayed for about an hour listening to the music. It started to rain so we left. I really want to go back at some point this summer and check out the musical.


Sunday: I worked at Paws for the day. In the evening, I met up with my friend Aileen. We went to the Screening Room in Newburyport to see this. It's a Robert Altman film. I thought it was hysterical! Lily Tomlin, Woody Harrelson, Kevin Kline, and Meryl Streep are just a few of the big names that perform in the film. The Screening Room is known to play independent and foreign films.

So, overall, it was a busy yet relaxing and fun weekend.

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend for you! It was HOT though...but you made the best of it. Love the Website. I can't wait to visit it in person :)

Anonymous said...

WOW.. I would nead a few days to relax after that... sounds great though!