Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Funny questions from my part-time job

Here is another installment of silly questions that customers ask me at my part-time job.

For those of you that are not aware - I work part-time at a pet store that specializes in collars, leashes, treats, toys, clothing, etc. for dogs and cats. We also sell breed specific products for the dog/cat lover.

1) Not so silly question: Do you carry sympathy cards for pets? (yes, we do!)

2) Silly question: Per phone conversation - Do you know if it's OK to give Benadryl to a dog with itchy skin? (So, do I have a veterinary degree now????) I suggested that they contact their vet.

3) Not so silly question: Do you carry boots for dogs? (yes, we do!)

4) Silly question: How do the dogs put on the boots? (just like we do - bend over and put them on their feet - JK) :-)

5) Border line silly question: Do you carry a cheerleader costume for dogs? (we did at Halloween)

6) Silly question: Do you carry lingerie for dogs? (I really don't want to know why the customer wants sexy nightwear for their pet - way too much info!!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Its good to see that you still have your sense of humor... I bet you needed alittle laugh after grading all the exams...

Take care!

Lauren & Rich said...

The last one cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

OMG someone needing to ask the last question is rather scary!

unless they think its going to help the breeding process & help turn on the other dog??????

hahahahahaahahahahaaa thats quite funny - but yet rather distrubing!

thanks for the giggles and yes - good to see you still have your sense of humor :)

Robyn J said...

As tired as you must be some days, I'm sure you enjoy the break from all of the politics at school. Gotta love the crazy things people will ask for/say!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, Lori! Putting up with the kids all day and then the public on your weekends! It's cool that the stupidity makes you laugh! Otherwise you'd loose you mind!

Yikes! Lingerie for animals is just disturbing! How did you answer that one?