Monday, January 22, 2007

Random Thoughts . . . . . . . .

Just some random thoughts:

*My Patriots lost on Sunday - I'm officially in morning. :-(

*Go Bears! Kick some serious Colt-ass! :-)

*As of Tuesday, I am in midterm exam hell! :-(

*Oh, I should mention that today after school, I went to photocopy those midterm exams and every single photocopier in my building was out of paper! Does that mean that my students do not have to take their midterm exam tomorrow? Just wondering! :-)/:-(

*Just got back from dinner with Janet and Lauren to celebrate Janet's b-day. Thanks ladies for a wonderful night out. And, remember, follow your feelings - you'll do the right thing. :-)

*As I was driving back home this evening on Route 495, the snow flurries kept coming and going - very strange! I'm not ready for icky snowy weather. :-(

*A local high school had a horrible tragedy last week. Read about it here. The student that stabbed the other student has Asperger syndrome - a form of autism. I have had a few students over the years that had Aspergers. I also have a friend that her son was diagnosed a few years ago. There are so many different forms of it and my fear is that a stereotype will develop because of this horrible event. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends, and school community during this tough time. :-(

*Is it Friday yet??????????? :-)

3 comments:

Lauren & Rich said...

Thanks again Lori for another great night...Sorry I kept yawning...lol!

One day closer to the weekend...whoohoo!

Robyn J said...

Sorry about your Patriots, lady. I'm sure it's bittersweet for you, though, since the Bears are in. I'm sorry to say that we are big Colts fans over here (as well as my darling Steelers.) I still love 'ya! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Lots of thoughts...

I hope your mid-term dilemas get straightened out... that whole paper situation has got me baffled... I know you told me the whole story but its still just crazy that they don't keep more of a supply...

That is such a horrible event to have happen... my thoughts are with the families and friends of both the students involved in the stabbing... how horrible:-(

Try to remember to take care of YOU!