Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sad time for my school

We were informed of this incident yesterday. We had an emergency faculty meeting at the end of the day but my Principal didn't know/was told to not release names until family members could be notified.

We were updated today at a faculty meeting: two of the young men killed in the accident went to our school a few years ago. The only survivor of the crash is a current student - we were told today that he will be OK (minus the psychological impact obviously).

Police are investigating to see whether alcohol or drugs might have been a factor.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends at this tragic time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is horrible! I can't even imagine the pain their families are feeling. Our thoughts & prayers go out to them! Hopefully the one who survived has a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

It is horrible! I don't know what these kids were thinking, speeding and not wearing seat belts? My heart goes out to their loved ones.

Anonymous said...

kids think they are invincible... its so sad that it will probably take something like this to wake up some of their friends. We are definitely praying for the families and friends that I'm sure are devistated. There can't be anything worse than a crash that could have been avoided.

Lea said...

I feel so bad for what happened to those kids. My heart goes out to their family and friends.