Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm here. I'm alive and kicking.

Life has been interesting the past few days. I've been very busy.

I officially crashed today. I slept in. Relaxed. Paid some bills (OK, maybe NOT so relaxing). Catching up on emails and blogs. Etc.

I'm in that funk again. You know the funk. Feeling sorry for myself funk. Feeling lonely again. My life revolves around my job which is something I was hoping to not do this school year. I'm still having a difficult time adjusting to my new school. I feel stuck. That's the only way I can word it. Stuck. Stuck in this so called life.

My counselor told me to write out a list of some things that I like about myself. I can't even start the list. I told her it's a little hard to like someone when I don't even like myself. She also asked me what am I looking for in a man. All I can come up with is someone that is nice. I've asked my friends if they know of any nice, single men and I get a negative response from all of them. Come on, there has to be SOME nice guys out there??????? Or, is it that I'm not good enough????? I've tried the online dating thing. So, please don't say to try that because I've done it twice now and no luck. The second time, I had NO hits! Nothing!

UGHY!!! I need to get out of this pitty party. I'm sick of everyone telling me that someday my Prince will come! He's not coming. He's not there. So, now what?

I don't want marriage right now. I just want companionship. I guess I'm asking for too much. Next February, I will be 36 years old. Yes, 36! I'm beyond the Old Maid status at this point.

OK, I'm done feeling sorry for myself. Talk amongst yourselves . . . . . . . . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Lori I'm sorry your in a funk. I really wish I knew a someone for you...really I do. The online thing didn't agree with me either. I know you don't like them, but there's always the single's dance. I would with you for support, if you wanted to.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lori - please dont ever say you're not good enough or even question it! you are such an awesome person you dont even realize how much. Its tough to meet nice single men out there. My sister and friend Andrea complain all the time. Its just being in the right place at the right time kind of thing. I really wish there was someone to fix you up with - but we really dont know any single guys. Jeff knows a couple, but please trust me when I say, you would never want to meet them. They're losers (not to be mean)

Hope you get out of your funk Loo. Sorry you feel "stuck" in your job. Do you think its still the newness of it all?

Just remember things like this with so many changes take time. And findindg someone can happen when you're not looking.. and you do need to feel positive about yourself first. You have so many wonderful qualities - you should feel good about the kind of person you are & be confident in that. Your lovable, funny, smart, hard worker, thoughtful & the list goes on!

Accept yourself & love yourself Lori. Everything sometimes falls into place after that.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori... Janet is so right... you need to like and love yourself first... I know everyone is self conscious, but you really don't see any of the great things about yourself... That really sucks! You have so many great points, but if you don't "see" them, its hard to show them to others.

Cut loose and take care of you... REMEMBER HOW GREAT YOU ARE, and when you feel that, it shows and other people feel it too!

Anonymous said...

PS...I love you...did I say that already?