Sunday, May 06, 2007

They finally got over it!

It was a long week last week of drama with the freshman but they finally got over not having their Fling. Yeah!

I stayed at school last week late almost everyday to get stuff done. I always feel like I'm playing catch up with correcting. Plus, I'm trying to get all my curriculum taught that needs to get taught a week earlier than everyone else on the freshman team since I'm leaving for Russia. The Freshman World Studies teachers agreed that we would have to stop at World War II. We have new curriculum this year for World Studies so we were supposed to get to Modern Times such as September 11th or even the war in Iraq. The problem is (like most World History curriculum in the country) is that it's too much curriculum to be taught in one year. And, our state test doesn't even test World History - it only tests US History.

I received permission from my Principal to have my students take their final exams a week a head of time so I could get everything done (grades and correcting of exams). My last day will be June 18th. The students get out of school on June 21st. The last day for teachers is the 22nd.

And silly me . . . . I have two major projects coming in the week before my exams. The World Studies kids have a project on who they think the most influential person in World History would be including a six page research paper and a vision of some sort. My US History kids have a Civil War Scrapbook Project due as well. What the hell was I thinking having these projects due so close to the end of the school year????????? :-)

Plus, I'm picking up more hours at the doggie store for extra money for my trip.

If I don't respond to emails right away or comment on blogs, you can sorta see why . . . .

2 comments:

Lauren & Rich said...

Hang in there...it's almost over :) and don't work too hard. I know you need the money but you also don't need added stress and don't want to get sick before your big trip either. Take lots of vitamins!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy, Lori! Don't overdo it and end of sick! We want you to enjoy every minute of Russia!
It's so wonderful that you're able to complete everything a little early to you can wrap up and be done with the school year before you leave!