Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm exhausted and in desperate need of a day off!

The week has been long, don't ya think?

We had MCAS this week (3 hour delay for the students not taking the test and then an abbreviated schedule for the rest of the day which means not being productive in my curriculum) - Math and US History (FYI: Kids already took English Language Arts). I had to proctor the US History - the state must think that the material after the Civil War is more important since the three hour test focused on everything from the Civil War to the present. MCAS is almost over - we still have the Biology and Chemistry tests on June 5th and 6th. Ughy!

I worked on Thursday from 3:15 until 10:00 last night (Don't forget that I'm up at 5:00 am and that I teach from 7:24-2:02). There is lots going on at Paws. The owner has four Dalmatians. Yes, they are VERY adorable! :-) One of them - Jasmine - is really sick and is dying of cancer in her liver and spleen. So, the owner can't work at this store this weekend since she needs to take care of Jasmine. The rest of us are pulling in a ton of hours to help her out. And the fun part of this: Newburyport is having a festival this weekend which will make the store VERY busy! I feel so bad for the owner - she's really having a tough time right now. Plus, she got a phone call last night that her father was rushed to the hospital (he lives down in North Carolina). I'm working a ton of hours tomorrow and Monday. And, I'm on call for tonight.

The Seniors had their last day of school today. Their senior prank was camping out in front of the school entrance in tents and they parked their cars funny in the parking lots so the faculty couldn't park their cars this morning. At 11:00 am, they all got into their cars and drove around the school for 30 minutes honking their horns. Joy! Next week, they have senior week activities (Six Flags, Harbor Cruise in Boston, Barbecue, and graduation on Friday night). I didn't know any of the kids so I won't be attending the ceremony. The seniors at my last school are graduating so I'm going to try and attend that graduation - they were freshman when I had them as students.

Have a good weekend all and if you are bored on Saturday or Monday, come visit me at the doggie store! :-)

1 comment:

Lauren & Rich said...

Just think 25 more days! Hang in there but don't work too hard..okay?!