Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Healthy reading

I read a lot of blogs. I try to read most of them everyday but I just don't have the time to read every single blog that I have bookmarked in my favorite folder.

Lately, I've been "on the dark side." So, I decided to post a few positive blogs that I enjoy reading.

Here are a few blogs that I find enjoyable:
*Ali Edwards Blog - Ali is the creative editor for Creating Keepsakes, a scrapbooking magazine for those of you that are not familiar with it. Ali's blog is very inspirational. I enjoy reading her blog because she gets me to stop and think about life. As a scrapbooker, I'm always looking for creative and fun ways to express myself and her blog challenges help me to find that extra help that I need to scrapbook.

*The Quaker Agitator - Talk about a great web site trying to get the word out there about and educating folks about the war in Iraq, Darfur, etc. . . . amazing! The human rights issues that are discussed on this blog will blow you away!

*History is Elementary - I wish that all elementary teachers had as much compassion and love of history as this lady does in her classroom. She does an amazing job and I really enjoy reading about the activities and stories in her classroom.

*Ogretmen - This blog is written by a New York City Middle School Science teacher that is living over in Turkey on a year long Fulbright. I've been reading her blog since the beginning of her journey in Turkey (June 2006) and I've learned so much from her. Her photographs of her excursions on breaks are just spectacular! Reading her blog and admiring her pictures makes me want to visit Turkey someday.

*World History Blog - I like this blog because it makes me think about World History. And, since I teach four blocks of World History, this is a good thing. :-) The author always shares great information to use in your classroom.

Are there any favorite and inspirational blogs that you enjoying reading every single day?

2 comments:

QuakerDave said...

Thanks for the mention. I appreciate your kind words.

Anonymous said...

I love reading yours :) and Janet when she writes in it...lol!