Saturday, May 12, 2007

It's been a longgggggg week!

What can I say??? It's been a long week.

*Took a personal day on Monday. Good thing. Come back to school on Tuesday - found out that a student decided to bring a semiautomatic into the school and was arrested. Bad thing. Administration didn't inform any faculty member about what happened on Monday and all the teachers read about the incident in the newspaper the next morning. Really bad thing.

*One of our senior boys was killed in a car accident. My school hasn't had a death of a student in over 10 years. Speed was the cause. The boy was a very popular kid and well liked so the student population is having a tough time. They had the wake and funeral this week so the emotions were up and down throughout the student population.

*On Friday, another student brought in a knife and was arrested. This time, my Principal had an emergency faculty meeting to tell us.

*Thought the drama of the Freshman Fling was over. I was wrong. It still continues. Ughy!

As you can see, it's been a roller coaster of a ride the past week in the land of M-Dawg. And, I was actually trying to teach something this week on top of everything else! Imagine that!

The next month or so is my crazy time. Let me apologize ahead of time if I don't email or comment on blogs right away. The end of the school year can be a very stressful and busy time for a teacher. Add to it that I'm working more hours at my part-time job. And, I'm getting ready to leave for Russia (Consult my countdown). :-)

Oh, a reporter from our local newspaper is supposed to be coming in next week to do a story on me and the Fulbright-Hays grant. Cool stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it has been a week from hell for M-dawg! Just think...Russia will come soon and god knows you need this break :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the boys who was killed! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I can't beleive that this kind of tragedy doesn't 'wake up' the other students who bring violence into the school.
I hope you post the link to the news article about you - I wanna read it!

Anonymous said...

There is always something negative... use that to make sure you enjoy the positives in your life...

We all need to learn from auto accidents... and also learn to keep our eyes open wide to watch for people doing stupid things... like carrying any weapons...

Anonymous said...

oh god loo so sorry to hear about your awful week. thats so scary & uncalled for - you guys not being notified of the weapon being brought to school! thank God he was arrested before anyone was hurt.

and the poor kid getting killed - how awful.

just makes you really want to enjoy every breath of every day & find all the good things out there in the world.

sorry i havent replied in awhile... thought you havent been posting & then it dawned on me to scroll DOWN from the pencil! DOH! big durr of a dope slap!