Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update on Russia Trip

Thanks to all that commented on my last post.

I also should clarify something I said about my parents and them not being proud of me. I know they are proud of me. They are not saying it to me but I know they are proud. I called my Grandma last night to tell her the good news and she told me that my Dad had called her to tell her earlier in the day. She told me how proud and excited he was in sharing this good news with her.

You'd think that after all these years that I could live my life without having to have the acceptance or approval of my parents in any of my life decisions. I guess it doesn't work that way.

And, I know that I'm not a parent yet. I know they are worried about me and that they love me.

I read the last post and realized how insensitive I was in saying that I wish my parents were proud of me. I know they are proud of me . . . I just wished that I could hear it from THEM and not other people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori - many apologies. you told me about the trip to russia & i dont think i commented about it!

Soooo very sorry! I've been a complete scatter brain lately. THIS IS SOOOO AWESOME!!! Congratulations! YOu are going to enjoy every single minute of it!