Friday, April 20, 2007

Busy week


It has been a busy yet productive week.
*I booked a DJ for the Freshman Fling. It's going to cost the kids a lot of money but that is what they get for waiting until the last minute.
*Went to the New England Aquarium on Tuesday. I had a fantastic time! The penguins were my favorite! I could watch them all day long. Afterwards, Michelle and I walked over the Faneuil Hall and had lunch here. Yes, it was a bit touristy but the food was yummy! We saw a ton of folks walking around Boston that had run the Boston Marathon the day before (they were wearing the official jacket of the marathon). I think if I ran 26.2 miles, I'd have to ride in a wheelchair for the rest of the week! :-)
*Did a ton of school work. I'm trying to plan out the rest of the school year with my curriculum. I also have a meeting next week with my Principal so we can discuss the end of the year.
*Saw The Italian at the Screening Room in Newburyport last night. It's a Russian film about a young orphan boy, Vanya and his goal of finding his birth mother. Vanya is supposed to be adopted by an Italian family but he wants to find his birth mother. The film was pretty good - not your typical "hard or depressing" Russian film.
*Working a ton of hours this week at Paws. I really need to get as much money as I can before I leave for Russia.
*Had some blood work done. Nothing serious. Just routine stuff before my Dr. appt. I need to have a Dr sign off on my paperwork for Russia. I may have to get some shots too. I have my appt on Wednesday of next week so we shall see what he has to say about the shots.
*Filled out paperwork for the Fulbright-Hays. My goodness! A lot of paperwork! I feel like I'm signing my life away!
*Had a hair appointment. Went a tad bit lighter on my highlights and cut about 1 1/2 inches to make my hair healthier.
*Met Janet-poo for dinner. We ate here. Yummy!!!! We then hung out at Barnes & Noble for a few hours. I bought a How to Learn Russian in your car CD to help me learn a little of the language. I figured I might as well use that commuting time productively! :-)
*Dentist appt was on Wednesday. I had two fillings! I used Novocaine for the first time. I thought I could suck it up. No luck! :-( I couldn't talk normally for over three hours! My Mom called me to check in and she was making fun of me! No kidding . . . thanks Mom!
So, that was my week. Productive yet some fun thrown in for kicks!

4 comments:

Lauren & Rich said...

Yum Chili's! I love those chips and Salsa!

I dread the dentist. My greatest fear is that they tell me I have a cavity. I remember I cried when they told me about my first cavity..lol!

Anonymous said...

busy, busy, busy girl... i hope that you don't get too bogged down with all that "Russian" learning... you need to keep rested and healthy before that trip :-)

Anonymous said...

That picture makes me tired even before I started reading all you needed to do! Isn't it amazing what we're capable of doing when we have to? Don't forget to take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Boston a BLAST! I used to live in Peabody (and then, for a while, in Newburyport), and I loved the little nostalgia trip you took me through with this post. Thanks!