Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget . . . . .

In my thoughts and prayers.
Never forget . . . . . .
At school, we had a moment of silence and then a student sang "God Bless America" over the PA system. I had students share where they were and what they were feeling on Sept. 11th. My freshman were in 4th grade and my sophomores were in 5th grade in 2001.
I was teaching at Timberlane at the time. I remember feeling like everything was in slow motion on that day. I also remember feeling very scared of the future. A lot of my students left the building saying "I love you Ms. M." - like they were afraid they would never see me again. I went home that night to my empty apartment in Derry, NH and thought the world may be coming to an end and here I was, all alone. I also remember missing my family and I thought that I might never see them again.
It's been five years since 9/11. Have we learned anything from this experience??????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are what almost all people felt and thought... I believe some people learned and are trying to make a difference, but some people also got back to being comfortable and not "doing" things to make life better and safer.

I hope you know that even though your family and lots of friends live so far away WE are all close at heart and LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

That day felt so surreal and even to this day it feels like that.

I too went home to my empty place, just felisha and me, geez, we should've hung out together on that day!

As you know I was going through the most difficult time in my life, and after that day everything changed, and all that other stuff just seemed to vanish. Instead of feeling depressed over mylife I ended up feeling depressed over the lives that were lost.

I'm still uncertain about our future. There is just too much crime and violence in this world.
I don't feel much safer than I did, but on the other hand I will continue to do the things I love, like traveling.

Love you M-Dawg!

Anonymous said...

its so many emotions you go through after 9/11. you remember where you were at the time, how you felt & how you still feel to this day.

i was at work & we all ran into the break room watching on tv. everyone said maybe the first plane was an accident.. and some of us were like nope, that looked diliberate..& then came the 2nd & you just knew & stood in shock.

to this day its hard to believe that there are people out there who do these things. we are all human.. God put us all here to live - so basically why cant we all just get along?

A year later, J & I were married & were afraid to fly out to Vegas.. but you cant let them beat us.. you cant let them keep us from living.

Beautiful post MDawg. I love ya too kissie kissie & hugs :)