Saturday, September 02, 2006

Anecdotes from Paws

I like my part-time job. It's a fun job. We sell products for dogs and cats. People bring in their dogs and we have little treats that we can give them. It's rare that we get a cat into the store but we do have little treats for them too. If you like dogs and cats, it's a great place to work.

However, customers say the darndest things and they crack me up! I thought I would share a few funny stories:

*Phone Call - "Do you sell stuff for birds, lizards, hamsters, fish etc." - Is there a reason why we have the word PAWS in the store name? And, last I checked, these animals DO NOT have paws!
*If you have ever been in the store, you know it's very small. We have a closet in the back that we keep extra inventory and our personal stuff (coats, purses, etc.). Customers DO NOT believe me when I tell them the closet is not a bathroom. Today, a customer told me she didn't believe me that there was no bathroom in the store (according to her logic: It's a state law that every business needs to have a bathroom - this is NOT true by the way!). She proceeded to open up the closet door. I stood there with this "I told you" look. She walked out of the store. Oh, FYI, she didn't apologize to me.
*Woman walks into the store holding her female puppy out in front of her like it's wet. "Do you carry feminine products for dogs?" Her dog is "in heat" and is bleeding all over the place. I had to call the owner of the store at home because I had no idea what to do because NO we don't carry that product. The owner tells me on the phone that she could order some product for the customer's dog but it will take a few days. I'm absolutely horrified because I never realized that they even make such a product for female dogs. Learn something new everyday! FYI: the woman acted like this incident was this HUGE surprise - HELLO! You buy a female dog and don't get it fixed and what else should you expect to happen? DUH! When I asked the owner of the dog if she planned on breeding the dog (I thought that's why she was allowing the dog to be in heat so she could breed it) - her reply: "Why would I want to breed her? I didn't think that female dogs had periods." Do you feel bad for the dog yet?
*Male customer comes into the store to ask me the following question (quietly whispers): "Do you sell leather collars with spikes in them for humans to wear?" - need I say more?
*Overheard in the store. A conversation between two customers as they walk into the store. 1st woman - "I really like those flags of the dogs - they carry so many different breeds." 2nd woman: "I really don't like those flags. It tells the doggie kidnappers what your dog looks like if you have one of those flags in your yard." - Doggie kidnappers?????????

These are just a few interesting stories that have taken place at my part-time job. When I first started working there, lots of things surprised me. Not anymore!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! What cuckoo heads! I especially love the doggie kidnappers...loL!

Anonymous said...

How do you keep a straight face with some of those people? I would be crying holding back the laughter...

Lea said...

Lori, I enjoyed the stories at the pet store. I have a good one to share with you. When Sachi my siberian huskey was in heat and was bleeding I bought her doggy panties and the dog pads at Eddie's pet shop to put on her.One night Bob was sleeping and Sachi was laying next to him on the bed. To Bob's surprise the next morning Sachi's bloody pad fell out of her panties next to Bob's head. Is that priceless or what!Oh yeah the guy that wanted the leather spiked collar. You should of told him my mom has one she uses on dad when he's a bad boy. He could of borrowed it from her. Ha! just kidding!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA thanks for the laughs! although i do feel bad for you for having to deal with these crack pots.

doggie kidnappers/spiked collar for humans HAHAHAHAHAAAAA how do you get through the day without peeing your pants from laughter??

Anonymous said...

btw: how did you put your calander on here?? i keep searching & never finding anything :( maybe im too impatient to keep looking!