Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trying to keep life in perspective these days.

Blogging is a place for me to vent my feelings and emotions. I've been looking at a lot of my posts and I realize how negative they can be at times.

I don't mean to be so negative. I just need to vent those feelings and emotions out there. I sound like a broken record at times. School sucks. My love life sucks. My money situation sucks. Etc, etc, etc.

I will try and be more positive in my posts. I can't guarantee every single post will be cheerful and positive but I will do my best to look at the positives in my life. I know I have plenty:

*My family. They are the strength of my being. Even if I don't always say it or tell them, I do love them and appreciate having them in my life.

*My friends. I have some awesome "peeps" in my life. Over the past few years, I've had to weed out the unhealthy friends out of my life. Some have been by my choice. Some by their choice. I've very blessed to have my friends that support and love me for ME.

*Ellie the Cat. Pets are great. They love you unconditionally. Ellie is no exception! When I was sick last week, she knew something was "up" with her Momma and stuck by my side the entire time. She would cuddle on the couch with me and give me a lick on the face here and there to make sure I was OK.

*My job. Yes, things at school have been sooooo stressful with no contract. But, I need to be grateful that I even have a job. I need to accept myself as an educator and realize that I can only do so much for these kids. I also need to not take everything so personal and to heart.

So, I will try and keep my life in perspective. Thanks for listening aka reading! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are only human, even though I don't think you are being overly negative, you are still going through a lot in your life, so you have every right to feel the way you do. This blog is your place to write whatever you wish. Of course we are here to listen to you, because that's what friends are for.

I love ya M-dawg

Anonymous said...

no one (or their life) is perfect... venting is something we all need to do... so feel free to blog whatever you feel... we aren't your friends in happy/good times alone... we are there for all of it!

Anonymous said...

i can so relate loo.. its funny reading your post today because i was going to put the same thing on my blog the next chance i get. kind of getting sick of myself too being a gloomy gus - a negative nelly.. sometimes no matter how hard we try to stay positive - those negative things can just creep up & hold on tight.

your posts dont come across as overly negative at all - so no worries.. .and you do have to vent & get things off your chest too - we're hear to listen! :)

Anonymous said...

If you aren't suppossed to 'vent' on your blog, then where are ya suppossed to 'vent'? Isn't that the whole purpose of a blog...to express yourself & your feelings? I say, let 'er rip! We want to hear what's really on your mind! Please don't feel like you have to be happy when you're really not! Just be yourself and when you're down, we'll do our best to lift you up cuz we love ya!