Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Life just runs away . . . .

It's been a crazy few weeks in the life of M-Dawg.

I've been out sick the past few days from school. I'm finally starting to feel human again which is why I'm posting today.

The drama with the computer: The drama began in August. I had McAffee for my Internet protection on my computer. The service contract was set up for automatic renewal every year. The date for renewal is Sept 30th. The deal is that I have the fee taken out of my checking account 30 days before the renewal date. McAffee decided to deduct the money 28 days. They took the money out and all the bills I had paid a few days prior bounced! I had a pay check coming in around the same time so I knew it would be close but NOT that close! So, I went to my bank and luckily they sided with me and I didn't have to pay any fees and I was able to deposit me check with no problem and the bills were paid (I haven't bounced a check in years so I was freaking out!). I emailed McAffee asking them why did they deduct the fee two days earlier. Their response was to cancel my subscription! I didn't want to cancel the subscription - I just wanted an answer to my question. So I said fine, whatever! I still have 30 days left on the old subscription to research another software company.

So, I research and come up with McAffee being the best out there for protection. I decide to renew (again) with McAffee on Sept 30th. And, it was cheaper this time around: $75.59 per year. I was psyched and figured everything was OK. I was wrong!

On October 2nd, McAffee deducts $75.59 twice out of my checking account! Now, I'm on a strict budget with my money. I had counted on money for gas and food for the week. I called the customer service number and spoke to someone that could barely speak English. I was on the phone for over 45 minutes trying to explain the issue. She kept telling me that she would reimburse me $99.99 and I kept telling her that I just want one of the $75.59 to be put back into my checking account. She told me it would take a few days. A few days went by and still no money in my account. And, they cancelled my subscription for virus protection all together so now I can't get access the Internet without the fear of catching a virus or having my computer break. I finally call a second time. I explained to them I just want my money back for the second charge but I still want one subscription. They said it was being processed. Finally, on Oct 9th, they reimburse me $125.98. I still had no McAffee protection and they still owed me money. Do the math folks. $75.59 + &75.59 =$151. 18; not $125.98! They still owe me $25.20! It's not a lot of money but for someone who is living on a budget and one income, it adds up quick!

So, I called again and this time demanded to speak with a supervisor - they still don't get my situation! Ughy! So, the drama continues.

I finally just went out and bought Norton at Super Wal-Mart to protect my computer. So, hopefully, no more drama for another year with my computer.

What are you folks using for Anti-virus protection on your computer?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We switched from McAfee to Norton a couple of years ago & we LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling better these days but that whole situation isn't helping much!

I use Norton and find no problem with them. I hope you get the remainder of your total due. Fight..even if it's 10! Still fight for it!

Anonymous said...

so the drama continues huh? sorry to hear that. hopefully you can get this squared away soon & get your $$ back! Laurens right - FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT go lori go lori

hope you are feeling much better.. i've got a head cold now too - yuckieeeeeeee its too soon for us to be sickies