Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Is it OK to have nap time in High School????

I'm so exhausted that I can't even think straight right now.

Things at school are very busy. No time for anything.

Just a few updates and shout outs:
*Congrats to my friend Traci and her husband Mark: they had a baby boy, Joseph Murphy a few days ago. I'm so happy for you both. Big bro Jeffrey is doing well too. :-)

*Got a phone call for a second job interview for next week. We shall see. . . . . .

*Book Club on Thursday evening. We read this book. I enjoyed it. Highly recommend it!

*Junior Prom at my high school last Friday night: 20 kids in a limo were drinking and got caught. A ton of other kids at the Prom were drunk too. The administration isn't doing much about it. Joy.

*I have the Sophomore Social dance next Friday. The rumor mill with the kids is that a group of kids will shop at the Social drunk. Double joy!

*I need to keep reminding myself that I'm splitting a $650 stipend to be a class advisor and all this added stress is SO not worth it. Triple Joy!

*Had an MRI on Tuesday night. I was scared shitless! :-)

*I'm working all this weekend, I have 23 Honors 5-page research papers to grade, 60 projects on Storming of the Bastille, and grades are due on Wednesday of next week. Can M-Dawg do it?

*I'm being formally evaluated next Thursday. Ugh.

*Have a retirement party for a former colleague at my first school next Thursday night. Oh, I'm interviewing for his job. How weird will that be?????????

*I haven't had a day off from school or the doggie store since Easter (March 23rd). I don't have a day off until April 12th.

OK, maybe this turned into more of a bitch fest. Sorry. This is what happens when you are tired. Oh, I had the 8th grade Open House tonight at my school and didn't get home until after 9:00 pm. I've been at school since 6:45 am. Long freaking day!

Tomorrow, instead of teaching, can I have nap time in all of my classes????????????????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on the second interview...crossing everything for ya!

It's too bad you have to work all weekend :(

I'm sure you will do fine on your evaluation but good luck anyways!

I don't have a day until memorial day :( At least you have a week off coming very soon! Hopefully you won't have to work at the doggie place too much on your vacation