Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April vacation week - part I

On Monday, I drove out to Northampton, MA (western MA) to meet some gals for Delta Kappa Gamma stuff. It was a two hour and 13 minute drive one way. The drive was long but incredibly scenic! I drove through the Berkshire Mountains and saw the Green Mountains of Vermont.

I got involved at the state level of DKG. I'm on the research committee and we had members fill out surveys. The committee met yesterday to go over the results. I have to put together a PowerPoint to present at the State Convention the weekend of May 2nd of our findings.

It was a very long drive and long day but productive. :-)

Today, I brought my car into Saturn to have it worked on (takes 8 hours). The head gasket has been leaking and I've been putting it off to get it fixed. I have a rental car - a PT Cruiser! I like it. Drives different than my Saturn. Not great on gas though . . . .

Well, I'm off to run some errands for the day (hence the rental car).

Enjoy your day!!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

busy, busy... but at least it sounds like more fun than being at work...

take care!!!

Anonymous said...

busy, busy... but at least it sounds like more fun than being at work...

take care!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I've mentioned this before, but Rich can fix your car for you. That way you don't have to spend the extra money and time and plus you get to visit one of your good friends too ;) Please don't ever hesitate to ask!

Robyn J said...

This weather HAS been great!! No plans for break...just getting stuff done around the house. We are heading down to Disney the first week in May so our vacation comes a bit later. I'm super excited, though...Shawn's been really busy (good busy) so the break with the fam will be much needed.