Tuesday, April 29, 2008

36 more teaching days . . . . maybe NOT!

Does the title of this post state it all? How much do I want the school year to be over? Let me count the ways!

I know it's not a good thing to wish your life away but in this case . . . . 36 days left of the school year baby!

Out of those 36 days, technically, there are 24 actual teaching days left. Why? MCAS (state testing), final exam week, Diversity Day, and I'm out of school tomorrow for a Professional Day.

And, my school is on block scheduling so to make this post even MORE fun I technically only have 12 teaching days with my classes. I see my students every other day. 12 days with my freshman World History kids to teach the following: Industrial Revolution, Imperialism, Nationalism, Unification of Germany and Italy, WW I, and WW II and the Holocaust.

OK, now I'm really stressed!

Blah! :-(

5 comments:

Robyn J said...

Yay!! The countdown begins.

Anonymous said...

Not so many days, lots of work to do... there is always good and bad together.

Anyway... at least you have some time off from school to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

At the beginning of the year, things are always so fresh, and it seems like the year will last forever. Even the kids are ready for things to be over now. That's why summers are so important.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get a summer vacation! It won't be long for you...and it will go by very quickly :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the kids are counting down with you! I know mine are! I almost hate May though ... the teachers are trying to get things wrapped up and then there's the field trips, etc & the kids just have summer on the brain and don't wanna stay focused any longer! It makes for a hectic spring that's for sure!
Well, I'm sure it will fly by & you'll be enjoying sumemr break before ya know it!
I, like countrygirl, also wish I could get summer break! Maybe I could talk Brian into a short vacation! :)
Are ya coming into IL this summer? We miss ya!