Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Night in Boston

Last night, I took the train into Boston to meet one of my good friends (Carla) for her birthday. She desperately needed a night out - she's a nanny and the children are always around so she gets no privacy and no sleep. To get a night of peace and quiet, she booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Boston. She used Priceline.com and bid a price for her room. The room is normally $200 plus! She paid $90! That's pretty cheap for a four star hotel in Boston for an evening! The room was gorgeous!

We didn't know where we wanted to go for dinner so we asked the Concierge to recommend a restaurant for us. He did good! We ended up here. Very yummy! I had a chicken dish and Carla had a shrimp dish. We also dipped into dessert - I had Creme brule and Carla had a turtle cheesecake. Everything was incredibly yummy!

The weather started getting icky out - they were predicting between 2-5 inches of snow so I needed to head back home. I took the train back to the Alewife Station where I parked my car and headed back home. The roads were a tad bit icy but I made it home safe and sound.

Happy Belated Birthday Carla - hope you enjoyed your night out. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! I also hope that Carla had a great birthday! I know all about no privacy or no 'me time' so I'm glad that she got to do that! We used to use priceline all the time for gas until they stopped it. It was great! We would save about 15 cents per gallon. I can't believe that you guys are watching out for snow and ice! Right now as I'm typing this it's 73! WHOOHOO! I've opened all the windows and finally get to put all my plants back outside. Wish we could share it with you! :)

Lauren & Rich said...

I hope that is it for snow! We didn't get much here, so hopefully you didn't either. I'm glad you had a great time...sounds like fun :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to carla. sounds like a great night out (and great room rate too)

glad you got home safely & thats the last we'll see of snow until next year!