Sunday, March 04, 2007

Just some ramblings . . . .

I'm here. I'm alive and kicking.

I have today off from work - No Paws. I have a ton of errands to do so I guess it's not an official day off. I was able to sleep in.

Grades closed for progress grades on Friday. My students were freaking out and wondering what they had missing for assignments. I told them it didn't matter since I don't accept late work. Then, my favorite question comes up. The "Can I do extra credit to bring up my grade?" question. My response is always the same: NO! I don't do extra credit. Especially since if they bothered to do their homework, there would be no need for extra credit. Ugh!

I have my History Book Club on Tuesday. We read Good Brother Bad Brother: The Story of Edwin Booth and John Wilkes Booth. I think that once I get to the Lincoln assassination in my US History Part I class, I'll be able to use some of the material from this book. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I learned a great deal about both brothers. I'll be curious to hear how the rest of the Book Club feels about the book.

Received some sad news yesterday. One of the gals I used to teach with a Timberlane was diagnosed with leukemia. Her church did a bone marrow drive on Saturday. You can read about it here. Click on the link of the video from YouTube. Leigh is an amazing woman and if anyone can beat this, it's her! Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll try and check in throughout the week - it is going to be busy so if I don't email or comment on your blogs right away, this is why.

Have a good week all!

1 comment:

Lauren & Rich said...

I'm so sorry about your friend with Leukemia. I will say many prayers for her. It's so nice that her church did a wonderful thing for her. What a great support team :)