Saturday, May 06, 2006

I've been a BAD blogger!

I know. I've been bad. I haven't been good about posting on my blog for the past month. I've been in a funk. I'm trying to get myself out it. Duh - it's for obvious reasons! :-)

Some updates:
*I have a job interview on Monday for a high school position in NH. I'm not too keen about teaching in NH again (lower salary, crappy retirement system, etc.) but it would be a job. I was getting a little worried since I've been sending out applications for the past month and haven't heard anything from any schools. I know a lot of schools are waiting on budget approvals so the waiting will continue. My goal is to have a job by June 23rd. Why the 23rd? Because it's the last day of school for me at NHS and I would like to feel proud of myself that I found a job before I got the hell out of there!
*I changed my mind on the formal evaluation by my Principal. I didn't want to go through the negativity and possible unprofessional of my Principal. Having that observation would not make a difference of whether or not I stay or leave my school. Why put my heart and soul into putting together this great lesson and have him put me down just to put me down? I need to move forward and learn from this shitty experience. Trust me, I've learned a lot so far!
*My friend Lauren lost her good friend Denise to cancer a few weeks ago. Lauren has been struggling with the loss. To lose someone so young to cancer is so wrong on so many levels. Pop over to her blog if you get a chance.
*My cousin Danny is home for 15 days from Kuwait. He went to a Cubs game with my Dad and Mandy this past week. I'm sure he's enjoying his down time - back to the desert!
*Received an email from a former student at Timberlane this past week. She is a junior almost senior at UNH. It was such a nice reminder of why I teach. She told me that I'm one of the reasons why she is going to college to be a teacher. Sometimes when times are bad, you need those reminders!

Weekend plans:
*Crash on Friday. Rented DVD's.
*Proctor SAT's on Saturday morning and work at the Paws from 2-8. Might go out with Carla to a movie or something.
*On Sunday, I'm meeting a friend to help her work on a scrapbook that she's making for one of her students. Her student is graduating from high school and she wants to make a nice gift for him. She's never made a scrapbook before so she's looking for some help.

What are your plans or updates in your lives?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are in a rut...anyone should be after what you've been through.

I'm crossing everything I have for you miss Lori Poo...I really hope something happens for you by the 23rd.

As for the Evaulation...you know what's best but I want this shit head to see what a fab teacher you are. On the other hand he has a heart of stone so he probably wouldn't even see it anyways.

Enjoy your weekend and Again...crossing everything I have for you. I'll say a few extra prayers for you this weekend.

PS...thank you for everything and being a fantastic friend :)

Anonymous said...

As much as I love reading your blog...you are excused for neglecting it recently! You have way too much going on & we understand.
Congrats on your interview...hope it turns out the way you want!
As far as the Evaluation goes...I can understand your thoughts but would also like to have seen you throw it in his face, too!
Sorry to hear about Lauren's loss. That would be very hard to deal with. Cancer is a terrible We're saying prayers & thinking lots of happy thoughts for the both of you!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!