Sunday, April 30, 2006

Flu bug kicks my butt!

Hello. I know. It's been so long since I've posted. Please forgive me. Once you read this post, you will so understand why!

Here's the scoop:

Tuesday morning at school, I started to feel very icky! When I mean icky. . . . I mean icky! The school nurse had to drive me home because it was that bad. I spent the next three days vomiting and diarrhea and sleeping on the bathroom floor. Not a pleasant experience. School nurse and Dr. informs me that this icky thing is going around the school systems. GREAT!

I already had a scheduled Dr's appt on Thursday for "other" stuff. The Dr. told me that I was "dangerously dehydrated". Great! Just what I need. And, I've lost over 30 pounds with all the stress and sickness. Double great! Not the way I want to lose much needed weight but I'll take it.

Update on evaluation: Since I've been out sick, on Friday, I went to my Principal and requested that we move the evaluation to next week. He told me to see him early in the week and we can reschedule.

Update on job situation: Nothing new to report except I've been applying to teaching jobs all over MA and southern NH. No interviews yet. Stress level at an all-time high at this point.

Oh . . . . my saving grace . . . watching the Soprano's on DVD! :-) I'm working my way through season four!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon. That's terrible you were so sick! I'm sorry about the job front...I hope you get something real soon. I'm sure you will. Crossing everything I possibly can for ya :)

Do I say congrats on your weight loss? I would if it was not stress related :(

Anonymous said...

Yikes... stress really does weird things to your body... I imagine that has something to do with how sick you got too... it wears down your systems.

Now that the Dr has you under his care... do exactly what he says and take extra special care of yourself. Can't be having more episodes like this, or you won't be able to go on interviews...

Take CARE. Praying for the right position to come sooner than later. Its there, its just a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

oh jeepers lori looo! thats awful that you were that sick... hope you are sucking down the gateraid to keep youself hydrated.

you poor baby! thats the worse - sleeping on the bathroom floor! i got sick like that once when we went on a ski weekend with jeff's friends.. and i took a nap on the floor...just awful!

hope you are feeling better!