Saturday, April 08, 2006

Trying to Move On . . . .

This has been the toughest week for me.

Thank God for my wonderful family, friends, and work colleagues for being there and helping me get through this - I'm so blessed to have such a strong support system.

Monday was hard. I was very emotional all day. The kids knew something was up. I was told to not tell them yet. I'm not ready to tell them either. My colleagues kept checking in on me all day long. Everybody is so emotional and depressed right now. The morale in the building is pretty low right now.

I took up the offer of that recommendation letter from my Principal. When you read it, you want to ask yourself, "If I'm such a wonderful teacher according to this letter, then why the hell are you letting me go?" It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Peter, my dept. Chair, wrote my a great letter too! He's been so wonderful about everything! Again, very blessed that I have a dept chair who really truly cares!

I've been calling in a few favors to some of my parents of the students I have taught - they work at other school systems in the area and have asked for their help in trying to find a new job. I've also asked a few of them to write me a recommendation letter. All the parents I've spoken with are in absolute shock about me leaving. They want me to stay. I want to stay. But, fate has something else in store for me.

Oh, and get this one! My Principal is leaving next year. He received a job offer at another school for more money! That's what makes this even more mean and hurtful! Part of me wonders is the "problem" with him or another administrator in the building.

Again, thank you everyone that has responded to the last post. Your support and strength is what will get me through this horrible bump in my life!

I Love Ya All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you, too, Lori! And we also think that you have a better purpose in life than to teach at a school who obviously does not appreciate your many talents! Hang in there and you'll see that! Please don't let it get you down too much! Don't let that idiot principal get the best of you! SMILE!!! And show him that he can't hurt you!

Anonymous said...

Diddo what Cheryl said. Try to believe everything happens for a reason (I know easier said than done)but try to believe it. We love you and we are there for you know matter what.

Love ya :)

Robyn J said...

Oh my goodness, Lori. I don't know what to say other than that is complete shit. You are the sort of teacher every district would be lucky to have and insane to get rid of. I will never understand how the administrations of these districts in New England can say that they are looking out for the best interests of the students in their districts and then pull this crap. I really felt like you had "gotten out" when you left Timberlane...I'm sorry that wasn't the case. Idiots!!!

Ok, rant over. With all of that said, because you are such an outstanding educator I have no doubt that you will find yourself in an even better environment next school year. You rock, lady!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

go figure on that principal....leaving next year anyways.. great letter for you - so whats the prob? its not with you for that im sure on loo - its with this person- NOT YOU. espeically when your co-workers, chair person & parents are all devestated - then you really know its not you.

im glad we can all help you thru this - thats what we're here for girl.. you lean on us no matter what. we loooove you tons!

hang in there & try to stay positive.