Friday, May 12, 2006

Life Goes On . . . . .

It's been a very emotional week for me. I had a job interview on Monday morning with Londonderry High School. I met with the Social Studies Coordinator and she really liked me and wanted me to come back. So, I met with her and a few members of the social studies department this morning. It went very well. I was also given an idea of what the salary would be and it would be over a $10,000 cut in my salary of what I'm making now. So, do I sell the condo in Amesbury and move up to Londonderry and go back to renting and take the cut? I just don't know what to do - I don't want to take the first job offer but I'm in a position where I have to pay my bills and a mortgage. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions from my blogging buds would be helpful! Please keep in mind that I make crap for money to begin with because I'm a teacher! :-)

I had an interview with Salem High School in NH on Thursday after school. It didn't really go that well. As I was waiting to be called into the conference room for the interview, the candidate before me was being "high-fived" by the male members of the dept and the chair. The chair seemed to want to go out of his way to accommodate this candidate. And, the dept chair was trying to find the Principal to introduce this candidate to him - it just seemed like the dept chair wants that candidate for the position. So, I finally get into the conference room and they start asking me questions. The dept chair sat there and yawned throughout the interview! Can you believe it? I was horrified! At the end of the interview, the dept chair says to me that they will be having retirements in two years and that I should I apply then! Two years! Waste my time! Such the "old boys" network -

I'm trying to put myself in a better mind set the past few weeks but it's so hard and discouraging when you are losing something you love so much.

Happier news - I'm chaperoning the Prom on Saturday so that should be fun! I love seeing the kids all dressed up - they clean up good! :-) I'm taking my camera so I'll take tons of pics.

I'm also meeting Lauren tonight - we are seeing a movie. I'm looking forward to seeing her because it's been a long time since I've seen her. She's been having a tough time - her Cousin Denise just recently died.

Have a great weekend everyone -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lori so sorry to hear the salem interview didnt go well & the other is such a paycut. you have some big decisions to make if you decide to take the pay cut & sell the condo.

it would be such a shame to lose something you've worked so hard to get.

wish i could be there for you right now ... we'll have to get together when i get back.

just left lauren a message on her cell - im still at work & dont think i'll make it to meet up with you guys tonight. i'll be back on the 24th - so we'll have to plan something then.

Robyn J said...

Best of luck on your decision. Let me know if you head up this way again.

Anonymous said...

decisions like this always suck... you don't want to give in too soon, but you don't want to hold out too long either... i don't think anyone can help with that, you just have to do what you really feel in your heart. And know it might hurt at first, but could turn out alot better, or just be a stepping stone to something GREAT. Just try and be positive, the right thing is out there for you, its just lost and you have to find it.

and about that "other" interview... the guy is probably a fried of the interviewer, its probably just a formality of them interviewing... but wow... very unprofessional of them to let ANYONE else see that display.