Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy 2008!

I know I'm a little late posting my New Years wishes and resolutions. Life has been a tad bit crazy since I came back from Chicago on the 1st.

Happy 2008 to all my family and friends. Let's hope for a happy and healthy New Year. :-)

Resolutions for 2008:
*I really need to lose weight. I did well a few years ago and lost over 70 pounds but I hit a wall. Eating healthier is a goal for me to work on this year. I know that I will feel better about myself too.

*I started a savings account a few years ago but I haven't really been keeping up with it. I would like to work on building up my savings to at least three months worth of fiances in case of emergencies.

*Try and get another teaching job at a different school. I will be entering into my 10th year so I don't know if it's even a possibility due to all the budget cuts but I really need to look for another job. The system I work for is not a great school system and there are a lot of problems that the administration doesn't want to deal with so I need to get back into a healthier school system. I may even leave teaching all together. I don't know yet. I just need to be happier in my professional life again. I may not have to make a decision . . . in the next few days my school will be cutting 100 jobs in the school system due to a $1.8 million (plus) deficit. I'm at the bottom in my dept so my odds are really good of getting cut. The cuts will take place immediately. :-(

*I have to make a decision about my condo. I'm trying to refinance and get out of my 3 year ARM and I'm having a hard time getting someone to help me out. The decision will need to be made within the next two weeks so I can figure out if I need to sell my condo or not and go back to renting.

*Try online dating again. It would be so nice if I could meet a nice guy. It's so tough being single these days. If anyone knows of a nice guy that would be perfect M-Dawg, send them my way! :-)

I know this is an ambitious list. But I really don't know how else to make the necessary changes in my life. I'm hoping that by blogging about them that it might motivate me more to accomplish these goals. Any suggestions would be great! :-)

Again, Happy New Years and best wishes to a wonderful 2008!

What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these are all great goals! I wish I knew some great single guy for you...cuz you def deserve one :)

As for the refinance and help to figure that out. Do you want Denise's number? She's fantastic! Not just saying that cuz she's my friend but she is!

crossing my fingers for you today! I hope everything turns out in your favor and buys you time until you find another job.

Anonymous said...

mdawg - no goal is too high to accomplish. this is a great list of things to do this year and i wish you all the best in achieving them.

as for the job - i really pray to God that you do not get cut!! really hoping the decision to leave will be on your own, when you find something better.

for the condo- i really hope there is a way for you to keep it. you worked so hard to have it.

for everything else - you can do it! keep believing in yourself sweetie & remember even when life seems negative - keep thinking positive thoughts.

it may be hard at first, and it may feel like its not working but it will eventually when you're not noticing! beleive me - it has helped me soo much especially this past month.

not sure if you'll be into it - but listening to joel olsteen preach really has helped me a lot. being more spiritual & grateful for things has helped a lot.

2008 is going to be great!!! for all of us! we have to keep believing it & trying to accomplish one good thing at a time.

happy new year mdawg! here's to a wonderful year for a wonderful you :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Janet. Those are great goals and you really can do it! I'm sorry that you have to make so many tough decisions all at once! I know you're gonna think this sounds odd coming from me but I've been asking God to help me get through all my tough spots. I pray almost every day anymore (beings I've got a preteen with attitude!). And even if if doesn't seem like it's helping, it really does because praying is such a peaceful thing to do. I've come up with some great solutions to my problems while praying. You just have to keep at it everyday. You'd be amazed how fulfilling it is and you'll actually want to pray even more.
I'm sorry that the teaching thing isn't going so wonderful and I know that it's a tough decision to stay with it or not but you are right - you need to do what is best for you. Maybe you can get into something not as stressful? You'll have a great year this year! And whenever you need to vent, or just need someone to listen or need someone else's thoughts or suggestions - you know where to go!

Anonymous said...

goals are just that... something to work towards... you are such a determined, bright, caring person... as long as you don't let other people drag you down you can definitely achieve what you want...

make sure to keep the positives in sight... i hate to say it, but there are lots of people out there that have horrible things going on in their lives... your situations are managable... so even if at the time it really stinks... there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

keep your chin up, and if you need anything, there are so many people here and there that love and support you. don't be afraid to ask for help!!!